Thursday, February 26, 2015

# Dr Claudine Tan

Dr Claudine Tan charges and clinic's routine by Ade Oei

I think this is one of the last few visit to Dr Claudine Tan's clinic. From stepping into the clinic. Never fail to see the familiar faces at the front desk greet me by name. 


The normal routine get your blood pressure checked and weight checked. At 35 weeks , I weighed 57.2kg ..... And I always try to think that is baby has gained all that weight. >.<

Do a glucose test, by peeing on on strip of paper. The last time I had bread with ovalmaltine (Nutella like). Instantly, Dr Claudine knew I had too much sugar for breakfast. This time I drank 3/4 of my coffee and await the results. Phew ! It was normal.

For hospital , Dr Claudine Tan charges as follows: 
consultation fees : $200 region
Surgical Fees : about $3000
With Vac/Forceps : $3000 region 
Emergency C sect : $3000 to $4000
Recommended PD - $600 to $900
anesthetist : $600 - $800
 
I wanted to find the anesthetist whom helped me with Royce .With a help with Papa and mama Koh's description. Dr Claudine Tan was able roughly know who is the previous anesthetist. Just hope he will be found and has time for me :)

Had to do a swap for streptococcus B ,
Group B strep (GBS) is a kind of bacteria that many people harbor in their intestinal tracts. The bacteria may also inhabit (or "colonize") your vagina as well, and be passed on to your baby during labor and birth. 
Approximately 10 to 30 percent of pregnant women carry GBS in the vagina or rectum or surrounding area. While GBS is generally harmless in healthy adults, it may cause stillbirth and serious infections in babies.

One gentle swap of the cotton bud cost me $45.

Mama and Papa Koh did not start saving as early this time,
With the charges and the previous experience, we calculated the hospitals bills. Hopefully, we have enough , (with claimable from Medisave) before i deliver. 
 
http://www.babycenter.com/0_group-b-streptococcus-screening_1647.bc

Mama and Papa Koh Signing off

3 comments:

May said...

Hi, may i know how much is your total bill at mt e? Thanks

Ade Oei said...

Hi
The bill is at $8285 for normal delivery with epidural . This is before medisave claim.
Medisave claim is $2100
The charges for hospital will increase every year . You may want to check .
My package was $3920 for 2 days (inclusive to GST) in 2015

Ade Oei said...

This is the current charges for 2016, hope this helps
https://www.mountelizabeth.com.sg/facilities-services/general-facilities/maternity-wards/novena-maternity-wards

Follow Us @adeoei