Tuesday, April 07, 2020

Circuit Breaker Day 2 and 3

In Singapore the Circuit breaker start on the 7th April, we did some marketing to stock food up. My thoughts were not to go out as often.


Instead of going NTUC, a supermarket, I went to wet market to get the food. Doing some experiment on how to grow garlic, and I realised a lot of people are growing their own vegetables.

Day 2 08.04.2020
I am currently doing my maternity right now, with 2 kids, me and husband had to juggle things around. Switched on the home based learning for Royce, while asking my maid to monitor him.
I brought Adele out to visit my gynae, I wasn’t too sure of the regulation, and we can only bring one person beside the mother in. We still had a lot to learn.




 
Royce having fun 
 
Adele painting the Mason Jar
I have put thoughts into Day 1 activities, and managed to entertain the kids. This is not done with repeated screams of , “ No, don’t do this!”

Royce cried when I turned on the oxygen pump for the pet fish, thought they were dying. I forgot how my boy can feel this much. I was kind of touched that God gave me such a kind boy. He said sorry after knowing I was trying to help the fish. All that teachings has not gone to waste.

However God also gave me the same  boy who is over eager and a lot of energy. Being competitive, he and his sister fought over a simple game, which I randomly thought of
I had placed the cards of animals on the floor, and told them to find those animals starting with an alphabet that I called out.




Day 09.04.2020

Making mask, doing colouring, watching TV.  I saw how pent up Royce was, because he wasn't able to run around.

In this pandemic situation, it divided Singaporeans, the ones who think parents should not bring the kids out. I on the other hand, I brought out my kids and observed the regulation. Being afraid that the virus is one thing.

I did not want the Circuit breaker to last longer than it should . Scrambling to for both, it was stressful for me to keep looking out for the social distancing. Two kids went near my daughter and without a thought I told my husband to bring her away as we should have social distancing.

I also said it out loud and the other mum also agreed with me, and told the daughters the same thing.
However it is hard, as you have other people who don't observe the same rules.

The park then maybe closed, so let's see how it goes.


  

   

 

Day 3 brought us to mask making day and the kids are really really pent up.
As adult we could control, but my son needed to run around. We brought them to Sembawang park, when the beach wasn't closed. 

Although,we did our part of social distancing and wearing mask. I felt that it was too tensed for me, having to remind my kids and having to watch out for people. It might be awhile before we can head to this place again.



No comments:

Follow Us @adeoei